With a degree from Lehigh University, and training as both an Electrical Engineer and Musician, Bob Wagner spent the first 20 years of his career pursuing both technological and musical interests professionally until 2011 when he chose to focus on music full time.
As a full time musician, Bob maintains an active schedule as a freelance trumpet performer, arranger, bandleader, and musical contractor based in the Philadelphia, PA area. He serves as leader and musical director of the Jump City Jazz Orchestra and the Hickory Brass.
As a touring artist, Bob has appeared as a trumpet soloist with various classical, jazz, R&B & theatrical organizations throughout the country. His talents have carried him to solo performances at some of the nation's most prestigious concert halls including Strathmore (MD), Disney Hall (LA), & Carnegie Hall (NYC) where he received a standing ovation for his performance.
Most recently, Bob has performed as trumpet soloist, arranger, musical director, and contractor with touring productions of "The Gene Krupa Story" and "Beatlemania Now" where he has faithfully recreated iconic solos by the legendary trumpeters Roy Eldridge (Krupa's long-time trumpet soloist) and David Mason (original performer of the iconic piccolo trumpet solo in Penny Lane)
With his unique professional background, Bob also serves as an inspirational speaker and clinician in secondary, collegiate and professional settings covering a broad range topics including buiness (music and other industries), social media, motivational and career guidance, and of course trumpet performance and ensemble coaching.
Further serving his commitment to educational outreach, Bob is as an adjudicator for Cavalcade of Bands Jazz division; An organization who's mission is to provide non-competitive jazz performance opportunities and musical growth for student musicians from the association's 100+ member high schools throughout the USA Mid-Atlantic region.
Bob maintains a strong commitment to service by volunteering with Bugles Across America an organization dedicated providing live performances of Taps for the families of deceased veterans.
Bob is an endorsing artist for Wedge Mouthpieces and is available for performance, speaking, and consulting opportunities.
- Lead Trumpet (Big Band and Musical Theater)
- Jazz Improvisation
25+ Years Trumpet Performance
- Spring 2017 - West Side Story - Media Theater
- Spring 2016 - A Wonderful Noise - Villanova Theater
- Spring 2015 - Threepenny Opera - Villanova Theater
- 2013 - Present - Beatlemania Now - National Tours Select Shows
- 2012 - Present - Herald Trumpet - PA Renassaince Faire
- Summer 2013 - Beatlemania Now - Trump Plaza, Atlantic City NJ
- Spring 2013 - Mame - Media Theatre & Bucks County Playhouse
- Spring 2013 - Pirates of Penzance - Bristol Riverside Theatre
- Nov 2012 - Drowsy Chaperone - Villanova Theatre
- May/Jul 2012 - Tulipomania - Arden Theatre, Phila PA
- Feb 2012 - The Gene Krupa Story - Dutch Apple Theater, Lancaster PA
- Dec/Jan 2011/12 - Gypsy - Bristol Riverside Theatre
- Other Shows: The Producers, West Side Story, Kiss Me Kate ('99 revival), Guys & Dolls, All Shook Up, Into the Woods, Annie, Oklahoma, Pajama Game, Cinderella, Fame, many others...
- Nov 2016 - Bach Cantata BWV 79 - Phila, PA
- Sep 2015 - World Meeting of Families Festival Orchestra - Phila, PA
- Jun 2015 - California Philharmonic - Los Angeles, CA
- Jun 2015 - Praise! Show Orchestra - Kimmell Center - Phila, PA
- Dec 2014 - Jeremy Winston Chorale - Gloria - Rutter
- Dec 2014 - The Messiah - Main Line Symphony - Paoli, PA
- Oct 2014 - Bach Cantata BWV 80 - Principal Trumpet - Paoli, PA
- Aug 2014 - Bemus Bay Pops - Trumpet - Oswego, NY
Select Orchestral/Chamber Performances
- Co-Owner - Jump City Music
- Musician Contractor
- Jazz Adjudicator - Cavalcade of Bands
- Music Copyist & Arranger (Sibelius software)
- Carnegie Hall - New York
- Walt Disney Concert Hall - Los Angeles
- The Kimmel Center - Philadelphia
- Strathmore - Bethesda, MD
- Hippodrome Theatre - Baltimore, MD
- The Bitter End - New York
HITTING THE HIGH NOTES: Lessons Learned on the Road to Carnegie Hall
What if your next big success, or your true calling, was standing quietly in the wings, waiting for your cue to take center stage?
An in-demand trumpeter, bandleader, and inspirational speaker, Bob Wagner has toured with "Beatlemania Now" and been a featured soloist in some of the nation's most prestigious concert halls.
But Bob didn't always live the life of a brass-playing boss.
For close to two decades, the trumpet took a back-seat to Bob's full-time career as a successful technology sales pro. While working as the youngest member of his sales team at a multinational Fortune 100 company, Bob's efforts generated over $75 million in revenue. He presented to engineers and executives all over the world and earned a six-figure annual salary by the time he was thirty.
But, a few years later, Bob faced a series of professional and personal setbacks that included the loss of his life savings. Tuning in to his inner voice, he took these challenges as a cue to re-evaluate his priorities and transform his path.
At age 41, Bob decided to pursue the dream that had been percolating inside him since he was a braces-wearing trumpet student: life as a full-time musician.
From part-time passion to full-time occupation, Bob's courageous leap to a risky freelance career in music paid off when he landed, just a few years later, on the illustrious Carnegie Hall stage and received a standing ovation. (See the video)
Passionate without being preachy, Bob shares his incredible journey and the valuable lessons he's learned along the way - inspiring audiences across ages and professions.
In an engaging and humorous multimedia presentation, accented by live trumpet playing and demonstrations, Bob illuminates his strategies for success such as:
- Translating corporate experience into an entrepreneurial life (and vice versa).
- Balancing creativity and commerce (they're not mutually exclusive).
- Performing triumphantly under pressure.
- Forging meaningful connections by being "creatively memorable".
- Finding major opportunities in life's everyday moments.
Whether you're a student looking to launch a career, a seasoned professional longing to shift gears, or an entrepreneur or executive seeking out-of-the-box approaches to ignite your business, Bob's triumphant story can spark the courage to pursue your own unique path.
As one client recently raved, "Bob will help you connect your talents and experiences to a future of greater fulfillment."
- Penny Lane @ Carnegie Hall - Mar 2016
- Green Hornet - Aug 2016
- Birdland w/JCJO - Aug 2016
- Stars and Stripes Forever - Jul 2016
- Mozart: Der Holle Rache - Jun 2016
- The Trumpet Shall Sound (clip) - Dec 2015
- Roy Eldridge's Rockin' Chair - Aug 2015
- Taking a Bow at Disney Hall- Jun 2015
- Penny Lane @ Carnegie Hall - March 2016
- The Story of my Carnegie Hall appearance - Feb 2016
Mr. Steve & Miss Katie
An Adventurous Day - Lolly Hopwood
Sean J. Kennedy Band
Jump City Jazz Orchestra
Jay Ansill's Cheese Project